For this mutual night, it was the week after our Operation Christmas Kindness was introduced. We felt like the girls could use a little help since they were so busy with the Christmas season. So we did a Service Scavenger Hunt. We split into two teams and made it like a Mission Impossible. The girls showed up to mutual and were given a bag with supplies to carry out some of the acts. They then were given a letter explaining about the night.
Operation: Christmas Kindness.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves spreading Christmas cheer for all to hear. You will receive 5 random acts of service to be completed by your team. Remember, this is a team effort, each team member must participate in at least one service for your mission to count. You will need to work fast, not only will you be racing the clock with only 30 minutes to accomplish all 5 services in Operation: Christmas Kindness, but you will also be racing the other team. Remember to take a picture of each service as proof. This bag is filled with each service and supplies in the order you should do them. When you complete your mission you will need to meet at ________________________ for hot chocolate and brownies. This message will self-destruct in five seconds.
Bonus: Say thank you at least 15 times during the entire night. Not to each other.
In each back there were envelopes with clues for the next stop. They were numbered on the front and then had items. I don't have pictures of the envelopes but they were cute. The girls totally loved this activity. Here are the activities they did: I tried to keep them all in the same area. And I only received pictures from the first group.
1. Smile to at least 10 strangers-You will be traveling more than the other group so you have an easy one to start with… throughout the night, you must smile or say thank you to at least 10 strangers. Read Service #2 now.
2. Hot chocolate and treats to army base security guards-Go to Pond security guards and deliver a treat and hot chocolate and mugs (NEED hot chocolate in a big thermos and sign and treats…maybe brownies or something easy… Also need Styrofoam cups)… “You need to finish this in 5 minutes.” Leave the pot of hot chocolate with the security guards.
3. Quarters on vending machines-Tape a few bags of quarters onto the vending machines at the food court and Coke machine outside of the shoe shop… ”You need to finish this in 5 minutes”… NEED bags of quarters and signs to attach and Tape
4. Grocery Store Candy Canes – Drive back up to grocery store and each girl hand out candy canes to those who have served us and say thank you… to the front door people, checkers, baggers and stockers. As many as you can find. Each group needs 30. NEED candy canes and signs…”You need to finish this in 10 minutes…”
5. Caroling-Run to apartments near the grocery store and carol two Christmas songs and give them a plate of treats… “You need to finish this in 10 minutes…”
Group 2 (px area):
1. Quarters on vending machines-Tape a few bags of quarters onto the washers and dryers at the laundromat… “You need to finish this in 5 minutes.” (NEED bags of quarters and signs to attach and tape)
2. Convenience Store candy canes – Go to px (Walgreens type store) and each person hand out candy canes to the workers, go to the bookstore, go to the food court, go to the shoppette? As many as you can find. “You need to finish this in 10 minutes.” NEED candy canes and signs.
BONUS: Diapers & Wipes on changing table- “Before you leave the px area, run to the px bathroom and leave diapers and wipes on the changing table with sign… “You need to finish this in 2 minutes…” (NEED Diapers, wipes and sign)
3. Candy canes and signs on cars-Run around to the cars in the parking lot and leave notes with mini candy canes on the cars. NEED mini candy canes and signs. “You need to finish this in 5 minutes.”
4. Caroling-Run to apartments near the px and carol two Christmas songs and give them a plate of treats… “You need to finish this in 10 minutes…”
EXTRA NEEDS: Need gift bags for each group with their clues and supplies in it.
Hot chocolate afterwards then cut papers and put in jar…NEED supplies for hot chocolate and papers and jar.